Back molar pain, painful blister on molar. X-ray done. What could be the reason?

Hello, I have seen a dentist for my back molar being in a lot of pain. There were no restorations on the tooth and the dentist did xrays and said there was nothing wrong and dismissed me, three days later I went to the emergency room and they found nothing to be wrong that they could find without a dentist on staff, I have now dwveloped a very large and painful blister stemming from the tooth that had origionally caused me pain and it concerns me a lot what could be wrong?!
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012