Back injury, severe pain, hurts to turn, bend, lean forward. Suggestions?

Hello. I was just wondering if you could give me some advice. A month ago I slipped and fell down my steps and I landed on my back on a step. It hurt extremely bad, but shortly after, the pain went away so I thought I was fine. But as the days passed, my back started hurting more and more. Now, it hurts to turn around to look behind me, pick up things, lean forward and it really hurts when I lay down and try to get back up. I know I should have probably went to the hospital. I just figured the pain would disappear. Unfortunately, the pain hasn t gone away. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012