Back and rib pain. Taking Co-codamol and Colefac. What could it be?

hi there for about a year,off and on i have suffered with terrible pains in my back(eels like labour back ache) and a pain just under the centre of my ribs and i feel winded,i was told this was ibs but no matter what i cut out of my diet it always happens,for example i thought it was lettuce,it wasnt lettuce!i can eat lettuce and feel fine,i take two co-codamol and colefac ibs tablets and the pain goes eventually what else could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012