Back and rib pain. CT scan showed small mass on kidney. Causes for severe pain?

I have a 3 cm mass on my right kidney . This was found accidently with a CT scan for low back pain and right rib pain and tenderness in the back. I have had this pain in back and ribs for years and no one can figure it out. My Dr treating my kidney mass says this pain is not associated with the kidney problem. Why can t anyone figure this out. Im in pain all the time. Its so bad at night and first thing in the morning then it subsides.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012