Back and pelvic pain, frequent urination, loss of sleep. Excess protein detected in urine test. Treatment?

I am continuing to have severe lower back and pelvic pain on my right side. It started last Thursday when I felt I could not hold my urine any more.... then frequent urination got worse.... only a little at a time... and I went for a urine analysis. I just got notified that I have way too much protein in my urine...and my doctor wants me to go to a kidney specialist now. I cannot sleep because of the pain... and I don t know what to think any more? If you could possibly shed some light on this subject.. I would greatly appreciate it.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012