Back and leg pain during pregnancy. MRI showed degenerated disc. What do the results mean?

Hi doc,about a year ago i was pregnant and had twin baby girls. In the 5th month of my pregnancy i began to experience severe back and leg pain. Months ago a had MRI and the results read Degenerated and broad based protrusion of L5-S1 disc causing indentation on theca and lateral recess i was given medication for two months and had a week s session of physiotherapy . i felt better, but now the pain s back. I am scared of going back to the hospital, they might say its something serious. Could u please explain to me what the result means nd advice me on what to do? Many thanx, Shahidah
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012