Baby's head having dent after hitting. Bump formed. Should I be concerned?

I have a 6 month old who was sitting up on our floor playing with a toy. He fell backwards and hit his head on a hard wooden edge of our rocking chair. He began crying immediately and when I rushed over and he had a dent about an inch long. The dent had gone away and he is playing normally. Should I bring him into the E.R.? He has a bump on his head now and I see a vein .
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
This is good that child is active and playing normally.
I suggest you to monitor him for at least 24 hours .
Watch for warning signals like vomiting/lethargy/any bleeding from nose or ear and in case you observe any take him to ER.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.
Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If a child has repeated vomiting (projectile) after a head injury or has nose and ear bleed or falls unconscious or has seizures he should be taken immediately to the emergency.

So please monitor the baby for the above.

If you feel your baby has some thing abnormal then request you to take him the ER.

Prevention of such injuries is important. So take measures to child proof your house.

Hope this helps.