Baby with bad ulcers, swollen gums, high fever. What can help?

I am a nurse caring for babies in an orphanage setting, so community living, 10 babies in the same room at night (separate cribs), 35 in same building. Last week had a baby with bad ulcers in mouth/tongue/lip and down throat . She is now better but today we have another baby that started today with swollen gums that are dark purple/red in colour and had a high 39.7 fever this afternoon - not eating well because mouth hurts. No ulcers or specific marcations in mouth, just the swollen gums. Any recommendations?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012