Baby wakes up more often, not enough breast milk, mother on herbal tea and balanced diet. Is it due distress?

My daughter was born Nov 4, 2012 weighing 2.980kg and height 54cm. At her 1 month appointment she weighed 3.800 (57cm), at her 2 month appointment she weighed 4.825 (59cm), currently (11 weeks old) she weighs 5.495kg at 61 cm. Until recently she was sleeping over 4 hours at a time at night, but a week ago she started waking up more often (every 2 hours). Not sure of what the problem might be i assume she wants to feed. My pediatrician concluded that she is not getting enough breast milk and suggests that i start supplementing her with formula from month 3. I am hesitant, as i dont want my supply to reduce. I just started taking Fenugreek capsules. I drink lots of herbal tea and water, and eat a balanced diet . What could be the cause of her night distress? Is her weight so low that she need supplementing? How much an exclusively breast fed baby girl gain month by month? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013