Baby underwent open heart surgery. ASD patch failed. Continue medicine?

Hi Doctor (s), My 50 Days old son underwent through Open Heart Surgery (TAPVC Repair) two days later after birth. He had episode of GI hemorrage on 6th POD and then Novo factor VII was administratored and thereafter Bleeding Stopped. His ASD patch aslo failed (cut) on 7 POD and now have 6mm ASD Left to Right Shunt. Overall he is doing well, gaining wieght (born 3.21 kg, On Surgery 2.8 Kg and after discharge geting good increase now 4 kg). He has increased plus rate (rthym is ok) now (when active 160-170, Sleeping 140-145) for which doctor have prescribed us Inderal -1mg twice daily (still continue) earlier but now also started again (because these was in course for 1 month after Discharge) Aldectone and Furopad . Now for follow up visit on monday we travelled 250 km by car and since monday evening he is having fever (100.4 fh continue). He is also feeling discomfort - murmuring voice. we are giving him Crocin Syrip 2 mg in 4 hr interval but no improvent. Now a pediatrician have prescribed us meftal p and it worked well in first dose. please let me know whether to keep this medicine continue and what is reason for fever. Also want to about ASD what to do with that. Doctor is not giving any satisfacory ans.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012