Baby unable to crawl, can sit and roll. What is wrong?

hi my name is suad i have a nine month old daughter i am little bit worried about her because she cant crawl on her own but when i put stuff infront of her she tries to get it through rolling over and using her chest but not that well, when she is sitting she sits with her back bend little bit instead of sitting up straight any suggestion you might thing is wrong with her. any action i can help with her to improve better. than you
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you must be worried about your baby daughter's problems. From your description, it appears that she may be having a developmental delay. By 9 months babies are expected to sit up without support and crawl without much difficulty.

Now, developmental delay can be seen in a variety of conditions, mostly congenital. Your baby needs to have a detailed evaluation to quantify her developmental delay and to try and ascertain the possible cause. Further management will depend on the nature and severity of the problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar