Baby tooth struck and darkened. Premature fall? Try antibiotics?

My daughter s baby tooth was struck when she was 2 and it darkened ever so slightly. Her pediatric dentist said not to worry about it, and it might fall out prematurely. Our pediatric dentist is no longer practicing, and our new dentist wanted to extract the tooth. She has since developed a small painless lump above the tooth - not complaining of any soreness or other signs of infection, like a fever. What do you suggest - could we try antibiotics in case there is infection, or does the tooth have to come out?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012