Baby suffering from diarrhoea, eating very less food otherwise. Diet?

Hi Doctor...My kid who is 9 months old as of now having weight 7.2 Kg..Since last 2 days he is suffering from Diarrhea ....Doctor advised me to give half teaspoon of Z&D 20 which is dry zinc powder used for suspension for 14 days ...My kid has very improper diet since he is born he never took fair amount of food which usually all kids do I m worried this may lead him to lack of calcium and vitamins in his body...Since last 5 months he keeps on crying every 2 hours or so in the night probably he is hungry... Please advice me how to increase his diet secondly he is presently suffering from diarrhea what should we provide him as food and what things should we avoid?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012