Baby rolled and fell off bed, has knot on back, baby cried and slept after feeding. Worrisome?

Hey Dr. Grief, well about 20 minutes ago my babygirl rolled over and fell off the bed. She has knot on her left back side. It isnt that big, but as a mother it shouldnt even be there. She cried for about 3mins, stopped, i gave her a bottle and now she s back sleeping. Why should i be worried? is it anything i should immediately check up on? What can i treat the bump with?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Hi Jasmine,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
What was the height of the bed? it is important to guess the impact intensity.
If the child did not become unconscious, did not vomit, did not had ear bleed and did not have any seizure of fever, then probably she was lucky that she did not suffer the negligence.
Next time you may not be that lucky.
Always make sure the baby is cared by some body all the time.
It is much sake the child of that age to keep on ground bed.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!