Baby passing frequent bloody, mucousy, frothy stools. Gaining weight. Stop breastfeeding?

Hi- My son is 11 weeks old and is exclusively breastfed. For the last 2 weeks he has been having bloody, mucousy, frothy stools several times a day. He is gaining weight(13 lbs 4oz) and is a happy baby most of the time. He recently had a stool culture done and tested positive for stool reducing substances. We are seeing a GI doctor soon but do you think this means I need to stop breastfeeding? I took out dairy from my diet for a week but no change.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013