Baby having running nose, wet cough, intermittent fever, on Ambrolite-S and chericof. Treatment correct?

Hi, My son (8 months old; 6 kg) has been having a running nose from 17 Aug 2012. He was advised T-minic syrup (1 mL) initially and was changed to Chericof (1.5 mL) by his paediatrician from Sun, 19 Aug 2012. He is still on the same medication along with Calpol drops (0.75 mL SOS), but still has the following symptoms after 5 days-wet cough (sometimes he throws up after a bout of cough), running nose, intermittent fever . Today, 24 Aug when I consulted with his paediatrician (telephonic) he has advised me to put him on Ambrolite-S (2 mL) along with the Chericof (1.5 mL). Please advice me if this is fine. Can the 2 medications be administered simultaneously? Is this adequate or should the line of treatment change? Please provide me your valuable advice. Regards, Anna
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012