Baby having reddish swollen ear, painful, itching, sometimes bleeding after piercing ear. Solution?

Hi doctor, My 7month old child has reddish swollen ear, somtimes bleeding as we have pierced his ear month ago,, in the inner side, i mean in the centr of the ear. we have applied home remedies,, and is not healed yet, We cannot remove the ring as this is our custom here, Its very painfull and itchy and frequenty cries. Pease advice.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I would advise he be seen by his doctor. He may have an infection that requires an antibiotic and close monitoring.