Baby having red mark on ankle. Bruise or late birth mark, being novice walker?

I have an 11 month old and a few weeks ago I noticed two 2" long red marks on his one ankle, one on each side of the ankle bone. I have never noticed him sleeping with his feet near the railings of his crib. They don't seem to bother him much, but then again, I am only assuming since he cannot tell me directly. Could it be a late showing birthmark, bruise (but then again I noticed it a couple weeks ago and the color hasn't changed), or could it be from him being a novice walker?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013