Baby having jaundice. Level is 11.5. Advised to stop using biliblanket, no consultations for a month. Opinion?

My son is now 4 weeks old, and still jaundice . He was admitted to the hospital at two weeks old with a level of 18, and over 24 hours the bilibed had helped it to drop to 11.5. We were sent home with a biliblanket, but his levels started to rise again and he was back to 14 with in a couple of days. They are just now dropping at four weeks old and yesterday his level was 11.8. Our doctor doesn t seem concerned at all and has mentioned we could stop using the biliblanket. He also said he doesn t need to see my son for another month. I am just curious for a second opinion. I don t understand why we were sent home from the hospital with the biliblanket when his level was 11.5, but can stop using it now at a higher level. Also, isn t 11.8 awful high for a 4 week old? What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013