Baby having hard yellow bump with red ring around it. No fever. What could it be?

My daughter is 7 mos old and I just noticed this morning that she has a very hard yellow bump with a red ring around it. There s no sign of fever currently and I m concerned that something bit her. She will be going to her drs tomorrow morning at the soonest. Just wanted to see if I could get any answers on here if I should take her somewhere else sooner.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
A red ring around a bump indicates some mild inflammation.
Actually there is no need to worry about if your child doesn't have any fever.
You can wait and watch and if the size is increasing by tomorrow then you need to contact your doctor
Thank you. Good day