Baby having fever with rashes, temperature around forehead, neck, back, chest. What is causing this?

My baby is nine months old. Last night she started to get a fever and her skin is now bright red almost like she has a sunburn . The fever is only around her forehead , top of her head, neck , back, chest, and stomach. the rest of her is not hot, not even her cheeks or ears which normally get hot when she has a fever. I am concerned because I have never seen her skin get bright red and a little rashy (slighty swollen with some roughness). Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012