Baby having discharge from ear, sticky, clear, smelly. Gave medicines, problem persists. Suggestions?

My 8 week old baby has had a discharge from ear for about 3 weeks. It only comes out every once in a while and its sticky... clear... and smells... she doesn t cry. I took her to doctor and she said it was nothing... I made her check it 3 times... she finally gave me antibiotics to take for 10 days and a cream hydrocortisone ... but we are finished with our 10 days and is still comes out... I notice it comes out when she is asleep or crying.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
smelly discharge from ear can be due to infection.
water might have entered into ear while bathing and caused infection.
this time get your baby examined by ENT specialist to rule out any infection.