Baby having bad smelling of stools. Switched to soya milk, no help. Solution?

Hello Doctor, I have a baby boy who is 16 months old. For more than a month, his stool smells very badly. Even after giving medicine still the smell doesn t go away and it smells diiferently now than before. He had lactose intolerance and for past 10 days I switched to Soya milk from Cow s milk after doctor advice. But his stool started smelling before this happened. May I know the reason behind this and the treatment. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012