Baby having atopic eczema. Prescribed with Clarithromycin suspension. Can this medicine treat the eczema?

Can clarythromycin help with weeping eczema my son is 7 months old and he has been suffering from atopic eczema since. He has been given various steroidal treatments with no sucess as he continues to scratch at his skin so my doctor pescribed clarythromycin suspension as she believes his skin has become infected. He has only been taking this for 36 hours but I have seen an improvement in his skin but also confused as we changed him to soya formula 6 days ago so this could also explain the improvement......My doctor also prescribed this medication using a recommended dosage of 3.5 ml twice a day but the leaflet advises that he should only be given 1.8 mls as he is only 12.2lbs or 5.5 kgs do you think 3.5 mls is high for his body weight? Thank you Lorraine Bovington
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012