Baby has painful stools. Suckles to sleep. Reflux medicine of no help. Reason?

My baby is now 16 weeks old. At night she sleeps from 19:00 until about 02:30. When she wakes, I feed her, she falls asleep in my arms - but when I try to put her back in her cot she seems to have painful cramps until she passes stool . She finds relief in passing stool - I then let her suckle again in order to get her to sleep, but the same happens - and she won t sleep again until 9am the next morning. She sleeps very poorly - about 2hrs during the day. I do have her on reflux medication - but this does not help. What can I do to help her with these cramps
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012