Baby has diarrhea, presence of mucus. Given ORS. Is it due to teething? What can help?

Hello Doctor, My son 7 months 10 days, has diarrhea since last 4 days.We have been giving ORS and the baby s activities are normal and no sign of dehydration though he is comparatively a little dull.We did a stool test and everything seems to be normal, there is a presence of mucus and pus 4-6 /hpf.My baby is schedule for an open heart surgery due to a congenital heart disease .However due to this diarrhea, the surgery is getting postponed. When the diarrhea orignally started and did not get less after 2-3 days, the peadiatrician presecribed I believe an antibiotic (Oflxin, I am not sure).It was a 5 days course and diarrhea was controlled.after the course everything was back to normal for next two days.But after two days the baby again started passing loose stools frequently.We have again started ORS and the frequency of stool passing is reducing everyday but he still has loose stool. My question to you is 1. He has just got two upper teeths and one lower teeth,Is this loose motions because of teething? 2. What food should we provide him? Currently we are providing mothers milk, cerelac rice stage 1 , rice gangi and rava gangi apart from ORS. 3. Any idea how to controll this fast? Best Regards, Girish
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013