Baby has dark red tongue. What can this mean with everything else normal?

hello! i just would like to ask because i m worried with my baby s tongue . we just noticed it last night.. there s a dark red color on the left/tip of his tongue. but just the upper portion of his tongue. he is 9 months with one teeth . got no problem with his appetite . he drinks his milk well and eat well. he s an active baby. have set scheduled with his pediatricain tomorrow. can u tell me whats the probable cause of this? thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012

Thanks for writing in.
As your baby has developed one tooth, it is likely that he has got bite on the tongue while sucking.
If he drinks and eats well, no need to worry.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.