Baby has clot in brain and infections, minor fits, on ventilator. Will it impact the brain?

Hi Doctor, My sister in-law gave a birth to a baby boy in the 7th month itself and in first day doctors put him in incuberrator and on the second day the baby got some minor fits as the consulted doctor mentioned. So they had doe some tests and told that there is a clot in the brain and baby has some infections too in addition to jondies they they have put the baby in ventilators. Today they are saying that the baby is responding better compare to yestrday and even fits are not there. and BP is also getting controlled. My question is how dangerous it is and how will be the growth of babay in future ? will there be any impact on the brain in such a way that any parts of the body will not work and problem with mind maturity like that ?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013