Baby has chronic ear infection, high fever, hives on neck, ear back. Taking Azithromycin, Amox/k clav. Mycoplasma?

My 17 month old son recently went to the doctor. He has chronic ear infections , and recently started running extremely high fever of 104.5. No other symptoms. Doctor said it was possibly roseola ...sure enough he has a rash and fever is gone. He also said his right ear never healed and is still infected. We noticed he had hives on his neck and on the back of his ears. Doctor thonks it might be mycoplasma from ear infection. I did not yake him to the doctor, grandma did. So i am wondering...did the doctor mean that the mycoplasma can cause hives? He checked his lungs and reassured her that he didnt have pneumonia . The hives are making him uncomfortable. Can i give him anything for them? I have childrens zyrtec on hand. Right now, he is taking azithromycin 100/5m one tsp, once a day for 4 days...also, amox/k clav 400/5m twice a day 4ml. He has an appt with the ent on june 4.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012