Baby had seizures after birth, cone shaped, had lost breath initially. What can be incurred?

My daughter gave birth to her first child sept.30th at3:03am. Baby wasn t breathing at birth and they transported the baby from her military base to a close hospital. Everything prior to the birth was good. they said the baby had fluid in his lungs. My wife and I visited the baby at the hospital about 12 hours after his birth. the staff said he was doing much better and his vitals were good. The bay did have a cone shape after birth. The hospital staff(NICU) said it looks better then when he first arrived. he had a chest scan and it looked good from the fluid complications at birth. They are now saying the baby has had some small seizures lasting around 5 to 10 seconds. they noticed when his right hand and eye was twitching. My daughter was just released at the hospital she was at and now going to see her baby. They had done a CT scan earlier and said nothing to be alarmed about from it. They have also performed an EEG and it came back abnormal. The next step they will do is a MRI . What can we do or ask about the baby s condition.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012