Baby gets hives if given dairy other than milk based formula, cooked dairy. Suggestions?

I put my daughter on formula at 5 1/2 months and she broke out from hives from Similac Advanced- so I put her back on frozen breast milk (all I had left) then 5 days later put her on Similac Sensitive for Lactose sensitivity and she as been great on that formula. Because of her reaction to the initail formula I was advised to stay away from dairy (even though she is on a milk based formula) so until she was 11 months old she had no additial dairy in her diet . After 11 months old I let her eat Mac N Cheese, alfrado, food with cream of mushroom soup and cheese cooked into the meal, cheese it s, gold fish crackers with no problems. When she turned 1 in September I was advised the her dr to go ahead and try some non-cooked dairy. I fed her yogert on a Saturday with no problem, fed it to her again the following tuesday and she woke up Wednesday morning covered from head to toe in hives that stayed for 5 days- Other mom s keep saying it is a milk protein allergy- but if that is the case, why is she just fine on her milk based formula and can eat cooked dairy? I have not tried regular milk yet becuase I am scared to make her have another reaction- What is my next step to get her off her formula? I do not believe in soy products!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012