Baby fell off the bed, cried immediately, no visible signs of trauma. What should be looked out for?

I am wondering what I should do if my baby has fallen off the bed? She fell this morning at 10am face first about 2 1/2 feet and started crying immediately. I calmed her down in about 3-5 minutes and now she seems alright. I checked all over her body and don t see anything wrong (at least no visible signs of trauma)...what should I do or look out for?? I feel terrible and I just want her to be ok....
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Hi.Thanks for the query.
I noticed you haven't mentioned the age of your baby. Still, from your information i gather, she cried immediately.. which means she didn't lose consciousness. She was consolable, which may mean no serious injuries or fractures.
Please calm yourself. Look for any trauma inside the mouth as she fell face down, and also check her nose for any bleeding. Check her head by parting her hair to look for any wounds. Keep her with you for the next 48 hours under observation.
Look out for the following signs which mean you have to take her to the doctor.
1. uncontrolled crying.
2. upward rolling of eyes or anything suggestive of seizure
3. Black eyes
4. stiffening of limbs.
5. altered sensorium, refusal to feed or change in behavior.
Still, from your history I think your baby will be alright soon.
Hope you are reassured.