Baby fed with old formula. What to do?

Hello I just accidently feed my baby really old formula! I put his bottle down in the dark while he was falling asleep then picked it up and as he fell asleep he finished the remaining 3 oz. Problem is I didn t realize the bottle from this morning was close by and I picked up the wrong one. I is atleast 12hrs old!! Im scared he is alseep right now what can happen?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query here.

Please don't panic.

It is quite possible that the milk in old bottle may have been bit stale, due to time elapsed since it was made.

I would suggest to keep an eye on what symptoms appear over next 48 hours. You may also notice some changes in his stool colour/consistency or smell.

If there is any vomiting, please try anti-sickness medicines available over the counter.

Please revert back to us if you any of these symptoms appear, should you need any further help.

All the best

Dr Tejas Shah

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query.
Nothing to worry and don't be panic.
Just watch for any abnormality in the child's bactivity, behavior.
Watch for any vomitings or loose motins or any fever.
If you find any abnormality or any abnormal symptoms or signs consult your Pediatrician as early as possible.
And I advise you to discard old feeds as soon as possible.
Hope I have answered your query.

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Feeding an old prepared formula can cause a stomach upset. You need to self monitor your baby for any vomiting or loose stools or pain in abdomen, fever after he wakes up. Be careful in future to avoid any such mishaps.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal