Baby diagnosed with ITP. Low platelet count. On prednisone. Medicinal action?

About 2 months ago my baby was diagnost with ITP his platelet count dropped to 4000. Doctors started him on meds and were able to stabalize him at 0000. In the past weeks since he was realesed from the hospital we ve been getting blood work done every two or three weeks and yesterday was he last one. According to the lab work his platelet count is at 550,000. can this be to the prednisone he has been prescribide? or is it part of the treatment that it has passed the normal count?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012