Baby developed fever, green mucous. Applied vaseline under nose. Small pimples on face. Suggestions?

My 18 months old son developed a fever last night of 102 i gave him infants tylenol . He also has thick green boogers. I put a very little bit of vasolene under his nose because its red and sore. Now im noticing little bumps on his face. They are not anywhere else but his face and look like little pimples . There not covering his face but there are about 6 on each side of his face. Please any info would be great. I live an hour away from the nearest doctors so if i can not drive there it would be good since the weather is not great out.. please email me at YYYY@YYYY . im not sure if im over reacting or not. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012