Baby constipated since birth. Giving movicol. Why is she not eating?

I am really at my wits end and don t know if anyone can assist? My daughter who is 3 1/2 has suffered with pooing pretty much from birth. She would go days without pooing and has been on movicol daily since before age 1. As she was our first child I would say I was probably a bit obsessional about the length of time between poos and would cycle her legs, use vaseline to encourage and up until age 2 we would also use suppositories when she hadn t been to the toilet for over 7 days, but after such a time the stools she would pass were then huge in size (my dad was so overwhelmed by the size when he saw one in a nappy he weighed it and it was 5lb!) despite not being hard. The length of time between poos made her lethargic, lack-lustre as well as reducing her appetite . Since age 2 we haven t used suppositories but have continued with movicol. Despite soft stools, it has been evident of late that she is withholding her poo (she ll shout no I don t want to do a poo and literally dance around to keep it in) and she has gone without pooing for up to 14 days (although generally 7 to 10 is most common for her). We have seen a paediatrician who has ruled out thyroid issues, celiac , she has normal iron levels so they simply said to continue with the movicol. She has been potty trained in terms of weeing for the last 8mths, but will always ask to wear a pull-up to go for a poo, until last week when out of the blue she refused to put one on. It will be 14 days on Monday since she has passed a proper stool, and for the last 5 days she has been hugely uncomfortable, crying at night, hopping around during the day, leaving skid marks in her pants, and sitting (under duress) on the toilet, but only very soft worm like poos are escaping, nothing substantial, despite an obviously very full tummy. She is drinking well, but hasn t eaten a great deal for the last few days, and generally she has a high fruit diet , although her appetite is not immense. Having been a struggle we have had ongoing we have tried many and varied tactics, from bribery to simply sitting with her and encouraging, changing her diet, explaining that the poo won t disappear if she doesn t let it out, reasoning, being firm etc, but just don t know where to go from here... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012