Baby choking on sticky saliva. Will the use of mirena affect the baby through breastfeeding?

Hi my baby has very sticky saliva and keeps choking on it. I suctioned it out, but keeps coming. Also he wants to breastfeed and let him for about one minute, but he vomited it all in a long sticky mass. He also has a bit of night congestion like I do. He is 12 weeks old. I got the mirena iud put in yesterday and the doctor gave me a medicine I have never had before and I do not know if that would affect my baby. it is called Mefenamic acid . She assured me that it would not affect my baby, but I wonder.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012