Baby born with hematoma on right side of skull. Will it gradually go away?

My new born grandson will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. He was born with a hematoma on the right side of his skull . The doctor has told his parents this will gradually go away and I have done some research which suggests the same. He was delivered by C section. I am a little concerned as he is a VERY placid baby and sleeps a lot. His right eye seems a bit squinted. Should we have a paediatrican check him over ? My gut feeling as a teacher tells me this should be done as a matter of course. What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013