Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Baby accidentally taken food in melted silicon baking tray. Is this toxic?

I just buy this new silicon dish and I just try to bake something in it but when I put it in the oven it melted with the food in it. I took it out from the oven and I let it cool off before I throw but the problem my little daughter she ate from it without me noticing. She took couple of bites but I’m still worried. Is it toxic?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
sillicon is a toxic thing but not as compared to the insectisides or any metal poisoning. So it will not cause any immediate effect but due to heat it changes its structure and becomes carcinogenic. So this one time will not have any effect.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
 

 

Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor