Babay's poop has white curds after offering him curd

Is normal that baby s poop have white curds in it - size bigger than a peanut. Also, I have observed it after offering him curd.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Dentist 's  Response
Hi There,
How old is your baby?
Thanks for your response. My baby is 8 months old.
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hi Kanika,
If your baby is active, eating well, sleeping well, gaining adequate weight etc then I don't think its a cause for concern.
The curd like thing is the milk which has curdled in the gut because of the acid & bacteria. As long as there is no foul smell/change in colour,consistency,frequency of the stool, just relax and enjoy motherhood!
You can use BONNISAN/NEOPEPTIN drops to better aid in digestion. Plenty of liquids like diluted juice, soups, water totaling to 1.5 ltrs should be given daily.
Thanks & take care