BV on and off, white discharge, prescribed metroconozol works but recurss after the course. Advise ?

i have had BV on and off for the last 6 dr prescribes metroconozol to take in pill form 2x a day for 7 days...the infection will return 3 days after my last pill. she gave me metro vaginal gel to use once a week to help prevent future infection..i have not had a chance to use the gel as prevention because i am always taking the antibiotic orally. since i could not get to the dr over the weekend i decided to try the gel as a treatment, i used it 3 times and i have a white chunky discharge , almost like a yeast infection . is this normal? i dont have the intching and burning associated with a yeast infection
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012