BPPV diagnosed. Dizziness, difficulty in walking in a straight line. Taking stemetil. Recovery time?

I have had a diagnosis of BPPV today, but Doctor says symptoms do not quite fit. Am dizzy, have difficulty walking in a straight line, and am constantly bumping into walls and door frames, but always on my left. General feeling of being a bit spaced out! Unable to park car - seems my spacial awareness is inpaired. Eyes are normal. Taking Stemetil but so far no effect - how long before I should notice some improvement?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013