BP increased at high altitude, pulse rate high, chest heaviness felt. Cause of high BP?

i am 42 years old i don t have bp problem previously but my family has bp history. on 28-12-2012 i was at high altitude 2000mt from sea level and it was snowy in evening till 1100 night i was well and as i went to sleep i feel nervousness and sofocated and could not sleep after two hours i called the medical room and got my bp checked it was 180/120 i was given medicine to control bp in morning again bp went high 154/104 and in evening 180/120 with high pulse rate i was feeling tightness/ haveyness in my left side of chest . i was given deepin 10 and amlopres a t 1od now i am on medication bp is normal. what is cause of high bp still i feel nervousness and heavyness in my cheast and how long i have to take med.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013