BP fluctuating during 34th week of pregnancy, given dexo injection to develop baby's lungs. Is it safe? any side effects?

Hi, it’s a urgent inquiry. My wife is admitted in hospital and under observation. She is pregnant and on her 34 week. all of a sudden her BP start rising and dropping, however doctor keeping her in observation and gave medicine to control her BP which is under control now but they also gave her dexo injection to help development the baby lungs because they might deliver the baby early. What I want to know are they treating her well and is it really necessary to give her dexo what about the side effects? They will give her second dose of dexo after 12 hrs.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012