Awaiting operation for suspected bladder cancer. Has enlarged prostate. Frequent urination, sleepiness. On medicines for infection. See the doctor?

My dad is awating an operation for suspected bladder cancer & also has an enlarged prostate .. he is passing small amounts of urine every 20 mins and now has white bits in his wee. He has been given anti- biotics 2 days ago as the doc suspected an infection from the invasive procedure he had (camera) to investigate his bladder. He is passing urine more frequently as each day passes and struggling to get any sleep. Should he wait to see if his anti-biotics work or see the GP?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012