Avid cyclist, have shooting pains between fingers, hand, on twisting fingers in gripping position. Worrisome?

I am an avid cyclist, 12 years and now 90 miles/week and recently (two weeks) experienced shooting pain between my index and middle finger , top of hand , when removing socks or twisting my fingers in a gripping motion or even reaching for something. it is not consistent and I can go all day without a shooting pain. Is this CTS or a radial nerve issue? Should I worry (progressive?) or nurse the condition and concentrate on better grip techniques?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012