Autoimmune thyroid problem, TSH normal, taking thyroxine, have weight gain, mood swings, constipation. Further course of action?

Hello Dr.Shehzad I ve had a thyroid test and it turned out that my TSH levels are in the normal range, but I have an autoimmune thryoid problem. I had many symptoms of a thyroid problem, so I started taking 25 mcg thryoxine tablets and gradually increased the dosage to 75 mcg under my doctor s supervision. Since a couple of weeks ago, I started to experience weight gain . mood swings and constipation. I gained 3 kgs in just 2-3 weeks. Consequently, I increased my dosage of thryoxine to 100 mcgs, it s been 3 days now.. Does this 25 mcg increase in thyroxine dosage pose any health threats to me? I did not consult my doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013