Autistic with chronic seizures, on Valporic, Zonisamide. Tried replacing with Topomax, unable to find the drug. How to proceed ?

Hello My son born in 1998, has chromosome 12 q-, Autisim, and ( excuse the spelling ) myocronic siezures. We are Canadian and have been taking Valporic Acid ( 3mls twice a day ) and Zonisamide. ( 150mg twice / day). In Canada Zonisamide is not approved and we have been using it through a drug trial for over 10 yrs and come June I will not be able to get the drug anymore. We have tried to replace it with Topamax .. which was terrible and now we are back where we started. His Dr. , Dr. Ronen, McMaster Childrens Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario 905-521-2100 thinks that we should stay with the Zonisamide which I found out I can get in Naples, Florida where I have a condo, However I need an american Doctor to write me the perscription. Please advise on how to perceed.. I was told to go to a walk in clinic but I think that might not be a good idea.. wouldn t a nuerologist be better and wouldn t it be better if an american doctor conferrred with my canadian doctor.. I would like to keep the cost as low as possible.. I just need the script.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013