Autistic child, has constipation, soils pants. Doing it on purpose?

Hi my 7 year old grandson is not constipated or suffers from diaharreo . He is autistic and has taken a long time to learn to toilet everyday. He has been put in a public school mainstream and usually soild his pants at least once a day at school which the teacher is not very happy about. He can be prompted to go to the toilet in the late afternoon and seems to do a reasonable size stool. When he goes off to play he constanly soils his pants about 5 times a day before he goes to bed and in bed. Sometimes he looks surprised to see the skiddies as he call them. Its as though he doesnt know he is doing the. I am confused why he does a decent poo and then still needs to do lots of skiddies while watching tV. or an electronic toy of some kind. Do you think he is doing this on purpose. Thanks you from Judy terry
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013