Autism, knot on left jawline, problem in communicating, no pain

Yes, I have a 10 year old son with autism , and just noticed a knot on his left jawline yesterday. Since he has trouble communicating, we don t really know what caused it but the best we can remember, we think he hit it on something because he was fussing and we saw his face was red - didn t see a knot at that time. He doesn t seem to be in any pain, but I wondered if I should take him to a dentist , doctor, who? I ve already called his dentist but they haven t returned call yet.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012